Is it okay for your man to look at other women while he’s with you?
Ladies, I want to put a debate point here to rest that I keep hearing over and over and over.
Generally, no it’s not if:
- your man was passing his number to these women he checks out, that wouldn’t be okay
- he’s rubbernecking to check out a waitress’s butt while having dinner with you, that’s being disrespectful and not okay
Otherwise ladies, yes, it is okay for your man to look at other women.
So I’m going to toss these back at you:
Are you saying you never even look in the direction of an attractive man?
- You never admire a nice set of shoulders or a superb rear end?
- You don’t watch football, rugby, or other sports for the tight pants?
You’re in a relationship; you’re not dead.
Neither is he!
Just because he is with you doesn’t mean he’s blind.
Do you go and pounce on every hot guy you see?
If you see a total hunk with no shirt playing beach volleyball, do you make plans on how to seduce him or fantasize such a scenario later?
I’m guessing not.
In all likelihood, neither does your man when he sees a fabulous babe walking by.
Just because someone finds a person aesthetically pleasing doesn’t mean any more than admiring a piece of art at a museumYou aren’t going to buy Michelangelo’s ‘David’, but you’re going to have a good long look if you manage to see it.
I know couples who have been married 50+ years. He still checks out attractive women, and she will check out attractive men.
When you’re in a committed relationship (or even if you’re not in one but not actively looking):
- a pair of shoulders
- a tight butt
- a nice set of legs
- or a buxom bosom
is just that. Something attractive to be admired from afar.
Ladies, what you need to ask yourself is, what are you afraid of?
Are you afraid he’ll leave you because he sees another attractive woman?
Or do you feel like he’ll find you less attractive if he checks out other hot women?
*** Newsflash ***
He has been checking out beautiful women all his life, so get over it.
Men are visual creatures.
- If you are driving, stopped at a red light, and a woman walks by in a miniskirt, or a buff guy with no shirt on crosses in front of you, there is no reason not to look
- Or if you are walking on the beach in the summer, looking at attractive people in swimwear is always a benefit. Putting blinders on just because you are in a relationship is ridiculous
But if you are having dinner together at a restaurant, and one of you is constantly checking out the other patrons or waitstaff, that is disrespectful.
About your man, as long as he’s not leering like a leech, you’re okay. A man can notice a beauty and still be thankful for what he has.
After all, he’s choosing to be with you.
That means that he finds you – as a whole person – more attractive than anyone else at this point.
Will he always find you more attractive than anyone else?
Maybe, maybe not.
I would be more worried if he didn’t look at any other women. It would make me wonder what he was hiding.
At the end of the day, if you are secure in the relationship and intelligent enough to realize that looking at an attractive person doesn’t mean your significant other is going to leave you over them, why is there an issue with it?
Let me know in the comments below.