What I’m looking for in a woman. 10 things. That’s all.
After writing “What are my chances of finding love?“, a few readers wrote me personal messages (thank you!) providing suggestions on where I can go or what I can do to meet quality women (keyword there is ‘quality’). However, some readers did ask what I’m looking for in a woman. So this post is all about what ‘m looking for in a woman.
I get asked this a lot. I’m sure a lot of other single people do too. What is interesting is the feedback I receive when I actually tell people what I’m looking for or things I’ve tried.
- Some people say I’m too picky; others say I’m not picky enough.
- Some people say I’m trying too hard; others say I need to do more.
How can one be too picky, yet not picky enough? Or trying too hard yet not doing enough? Talk about a double, double-edged sword! Does anyone else often face this conundrum?
10 things. That’s all.
To appease some of my critics and let the universe know what I want so she can be “delivered”, I made a basic list of traits I’d love to have in a life-long partner. Besides the obvious important ones like chemistry and attraction between us, here’s 10 things I’m looking for in a woman (in no particular order):
- never been married and has no children from previous relationships.
- non smoker / never messed with illegal drugs / not a massive alcoholic drinker.
- Upbeat and positive. I want positive energy in my life.
- active and/or athletic (e.g., either plays sports, and/or likes things such as hiking/biking/swimming together, etc).
- young at heart. I find that women who are young at heart tend to be adventurous, exciting, enjoy some spontaneity, and generally have a playful nature about them. And really…who doesn’t love a partner they can be playful with?
- independence. No man wants a girlfriend they have to reassuringly text, call or visit every five minutes.
- sensuality! There’s something about an air of sexiness and confidence around a woman that will draw my eyes to you when you enter a room. I want a woman who feels comfortable in her own sexuality…and expressing that sensually to me.
- sense of humor. The ability to laugh at life, at yourself, with friends/family, with someone special. Snappy comebacks are just the witty repartee to keep the sparks in a relationship. It’s amazing.
- intelligence. I want a woman who knows a little about a lot instead of a lot about so little.
- Has some class. I shouldn’t have to elaborate on this one.
So to everyone reading this, now you know the basics to what I’m looking for in a woman.
What’s the verdict? Is my list reasonable? Or am I too picky?
What are your thoughts? Leave your comments below!